Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Music

Music is a huge part of my life.  I sing with the local civic choir.  I sing in the shower.  I sing at work.  There always seems to be a tune in my head.  And I am always searching for music that speaks to me.  My favorite songs have always changed based on the challenges I am facing. 

Since getting a smartphone (with unlimited data), I discovered that Amazon Prime (which we already subscribe to) has free streaming music.  You can listen to commercial free channels, create playlists, or search individual songs.  This is how I listen to music at work and often in the car.

A few weeks ago, I started checking out their selection of Christian music.  Now, that is all I am drawn to.  I keep turning back to my country and pop channels only to feel dissatisfied.  It feels like God keeps pulling me back to music that will lead me back to Him.  Is this God speaking to me?

1 comment: